Pomoca Race Pro 2.0 Top Fix
Pomoca's beautifully vibrant fuchsia -- magenta? purple-pink? -- race skins have long graced the bases of World Cup champions and local dawn patrollers alike. Now in its second iteration, the Race Pro 2.0 skin has improved water-resistance and durability for season-long thrashing, coupled with an industry-topping fast glide from first to last trip up the hill. Pomoca has used a special hand-selected crop of Angora goat hair (known more colloquially as, "mohair") for the Race Pro 2.0, producing a more-than-marginal advantage that some racers compare to an invisible hand firmly pushing you up the hill. If you love a fast-gliding pair of race skins that still grip on icy off-cambers, your day has arrived; the hardest choice ahead of you is whether you want the standard 59mm race width or 62mm skins for more coverage.
- Top-level race skins, fitted with elastic "top fix" bungees for attaching to a tip-notch ski such as the Transalp RC.
- Straight side cut along length of the skin for maximum glide.
- Two options of width: 59mm and 62mm.
- Stress-tested for best glue in races around the world, at temperatures ranging from -20F (ISMF showcase race in China, 2017) to +55F (Mount Etna, Italy, 2019).
- Comes at 155cm length; can be trimmed from the rear for "women's" 150cm race skis.
- Purchasing 2 pairs is recommended if you're planning on completing 2+hr. races.