Voile Hyper V6 2023
One ski to float playfully through storm days and still snap off quick turns on hardpack? It sounds like an oxymoron, but believe it or not, the best skis really can do both. If you want to surf your way through deep snow and shallow pow alike, the Hyper V6 is your platform. Voile’s original V6 ski was a favorite of wily New England powder-hunters sneaking around high-elevation glades in search of fresh snow, and the Hyper V6 shaves precious grams while retaining that smooth, easy-turning Voile feel. The new carbon Hyper layup is light enough to tote around on big missions or long days of lap after lap of free refills but retains a damp and stable feel in tricky snow. More than just a powder surfer, the Hyper V6’s short sidecut makes it fun and nimble in crud and provides a balanced edge hold on hardpack. Going past do-it-most, the Hyper V6 is do-it-all.
For long flat approaches or rolling terrain, choose the BC version which has traction pattern base (fish scales) to move fast and efficiently through low angle rolling terrain.
- Voile’s best-selling touring platform, now with modern rocker shaping and class-leading lightweight.
- A "quiver-of-one" ski with a preference for soft snow, yet plenty of confidence in firm conditions.
- “Hybrid Rocker” profile (heavy tip rocker + light tail rocker) has uncanny turn initiation even in challenging snow but disengages from turns quickly to dodge trees and rocks.
- Paulownia wood core coupled with a proprietary carbon weave overlay makes for a supple and easy-turning, yet powerful and damp ski.
- Verified weight: 1311g (single ski, 178cm).
|Tip Width (mm)||126||129||131||133||135|
|Tail Width (mm)||108||110||111||113||115|
|Pair Weight (lbs.oz./kg)||5lbs / 2.27kg||5lbs 10oz / 2.55kg||5lbs 13oz / 2.64kg||6lbs 3oz / 2.80kg||6lbs 6oz / 2.90kg|
|Suggested Skier Weight Range (lbs-kg)||110-150