Black Crows Ova Freebird Ski (85mm waist) 2023
Looking for a lightweight touring ski at a great price? You found it! The Ova Freebird is an amazing choice for skiers looking to go farther with more confidence.
This ski has a perfect width underfoot for morning laps at the resort to exploring the presidential range. We find that touring skis with 80mm to 90mm widths underfoot feel much more like resorts skis as there is less material that can flex between the binding and the edge of the ski.
Modern shaped tips and tails give this ski a playful and smooth feel. Many skis are adopting rounder tips and tails as they do not dig into the snow as aggressively when initiating turns.
### Black Crows Says: ###
Motto: "Can we just go?"
- Intermediate floatation: 85mm at the waist
- Front rocker: pivot and flotation
- Classic camber: balance between stability and maneuverability
- Titanal reinforcement under the bindings: reinforcement of the binding assembly
- Intermediate flex along the entire length of the ski: performance and forgiveness
- Construction: semi-cap and cap in tip area for weight savings, lightness and handling
- ABS sidewalls except on tip
- Core: paulownia / mixed carbon & fiberglass
- Added material: titanal reinforcement under the binding
- Short turning radius (17 m): very agile on smooth surfaces and crud alike.
- Not for telemark.