Presidential Range Backcountry Map
We contributed a few images for this new map which is long overdue. It has all the hiking trails, and contours mixed with backcountry zones with popular ski lines. Carrying a physical map and knowing how to use it is important for any remote tour in the backcountry.
This easy-to-use map covers the best ski touring destination on the East Coast – New Hampshire’s northern Presidential Range (including Mount Washington’s world famous Tuckerman and Huntington Ravines).
Included are lines in:
- Tuckerman Ravine
- Huntington Ravine
- The Great Gulf
- The Gulf of Slides
- Jefferson Ravine
- Castle Ravine
- Oakes Gulf
- King Ravine
- Burt Ravine
- Ammonoosuc Ravine
- and more!
Route information, including suggested approaches and descents, is marked on a large scale 1:25,000 map, to help you make the most out of every day in the New Hampshire backcountry. The map is accompanied on the back by a self-contained field-guide which shows photos and gives detailed descriptions of some of the most worthy descents, making it easy to find the best trips for any conditions.
Descents of all varieties – from killer couloirs to wide open glades – are all covered, so that you can find the run that’s right for you, whether you’re a a hardened veteran or a beginner tourer.
- 100+ descents ranging from classics to rarely-skied lines
- Suggested ascent routes to get you up the hill as efficiently as possible
- Field-guide to the best descents complete with color photos
- Waterproof, tear-resistant so you never have to worry about damaging your map
- Fits in your pocket – the map folds down to 4.25″ x 9″
- Highly detailed with 40ft contour lines
- Easily readable with a 1:25,000 scale