Scarpa Maestrale RS Ski Boot 2022
In Italian, a maestrale is a cold northwesterly wind that brings deep snow to the southern Alps near Scarpa’s factory in Asolo, Italy. In Scarpa-ese, the Maestrale RS is the perfect boot for plowing through lap after lap of deep powder, but also for railing GS turns on hardpack and making high-speed skiing look effortless. Evolving from the touring skier’s desire for a boot that goes uphill easily, but skis downhill more like a four-buckle alpine boot than Scarpa’s lighter offerings, the Maestrale RS is the culmination of many years’ iteration and dialing in the details to create an all-time classic boot. With a Grilamid cuff and a carbon-infused lower, coupled with a wider last than many touring boots, many skiers find the Maestrale RS a worthy competitor to their well-tested alpine boots. The SpeedLock Plus ski/walk mechanism boasts impressive stiffening powers with no play, but still opens the boot up to give you the needed range-of-motion for long days skinning and bootpacking.
- Scarpa’s “do-it-all” boot, from the resort slopes to deep in the backcountry.
- Hinged tongue construction allows for great range-of-motion for uphill skinning, especially compared to other boots in its weight class.
- Carbon-infused Grilamid in the cuff allows the Maestrale to drive wider, modern-day 100mm-waisted skis without hesitation.
- 101mm last (size 27.5) accommodates wider feet, especially across the metatarsals.
- Heat-moldable Intuition liner is one of the best stock liners in the industry.
- Compatible with alpine-touring tech/pin bindings, Salomon Shift bindings, and alpine bindings with MNC certification.
- Verified weight: 1498g (size 27.5, with liner and optional power strap)