Scarpa Maestrale XT
In years past, backcountry skiers were faced with a hard choice: choose a touring-specific boot that goes uphill like the wind, but can’t drive a bigger freeride-style ski; or pick a downhill-oriented boot that lacks the range of motion or light weight for longer tours. Fortunately, Scarpa has solved this conundrum with the new Maestrale XT boot, a dedicated touring boot for uncompromising hard-chargers. Descended from their beefiest alpine touring boots in the Freedom series, the XT-level Maestrale has a higher upper-cuff buckle than its RS sibling, and a carbon-infused Grilamid cuff to push around even the stiffest and heaviest of skis. The SpeedLock Plus ski/walk mechanism boasts impressive stiffening powers with no play, but still opens the boot up to give you the needed range-of-motion for long days skinning and bootpacking. Go ahead, drop into that steep chute far from the trailhead: the Maestrale XT will be right there with you.
- Scarpa’s hardest-charging touring boot, with nearly alpine-race levels of stiffness and a true 130 flex.
- Hinged tongue construction allows for great range-of-motion for uphill skinning, especially compared to other boots in its weight class.
- Carbon-infused Grilamid in the cuff allows the Maestrale to turn 1800-2000-gram and heavier skis without hesitation.
- 101mm last (size 27.5) accommodates wider feet, especially across the metatarsals.
- Heat-moldable Intuition liner is one of the best stock liners in the industry.
- Compatible with alpine-touring tech/pin bindings, Salomon Shift bindings, and alpine bindings with MNC certification.
- Verified weight: 1512g (size 27.0, with liner and power strap)